Saturday 15 November 2014

Pink Lentil Fritters aka Musoor Dal er Bora

In my childhood days when it used to come to a niramish din(the day when people are supposed to eat vegetarian food only) at our home, my ma used to cook dal and rice on some 'no non-veg' days and I hated eating dal and rice that time. Then it was only musoor dal er bora that she made to make me convince to finish my meal. 
Though now I prefer regular dal rice in most of the days as I do not crave for spicy or junk foods untill I am really bored and also my love for these moong dal fritters still remains the same.


Specially in hot Summer days the combination of Plain steamed rice, musoor dal sedho(Pink lentil cooked with salt, sugar, turmeric powder, green chillies and added few drops of mustard oil after it is cooked) and Musoor dal er bora brings heaven for me.


Ingredients(8 fritters):
  1. Musoor dal(Pink lentil), 1/2 cup
  2. Onion, 1 : chopped
  3. Green chillies,2
  4. Kalo jeera(Nigella seeds), 2 tsp
  5. Salt to taste
  6. Sugar, 2 tsp
  7. Turmeric powder, 2 tsp
  8. Mustard oil, 8 tbsp

Methods:


Soak dal for 30 minutes and then blend dal and green chillies into a smooth paste. Use 3 tbsp water for that.

I can't take to bite green chillies. So, I blended them . You can add chopped green chillies if you want.

Mix all other ingredients and 1 tbsp mustard oil with the paste and set aside fo 10 minutes.






In a pan heat oil and as the smoke comes out take some mixture in your hand and slide into oil. Fry the sides till they are golden brown. Keep the flame at mid-point.

Remove from oil and serve hot with rice and dal or just like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment